Saturday, February 25, 2012

You Have to Start Somewhere

Really?

You think so?

Well, I've thought about it, but never seriously.  Who wants to hear what I have to say?

Seriously-- you really think so?

Okay, I'll give it a shot.

So, um, hello.  Welcome to the inaugural post in my very first attempt at a blog.  In my wanderings through the mystifying lands of facebook, I've had several folks mention to me that they like what I write and that I should put it into a blog.  I have no visions of grandeur and I have a rather mute ego, so I never really thought anyone would go out of their way to read what I have to say, but I'm game to give it a try.

Cool.

Um, so what should I write?  I mean, what do I have to offer that a million other "bloggers" don't already put out there?

Oh.  That makes sense.  Those other writers aren't me.

I don't want to sound like I'm stuck on myself (again, not much ego in me), but in my four decades here on earth I've lived a fair bit of life.  Most of that life has been remarkably wonderful and I've got some pretty awesome things to say about it.  Some of that life has been utter crap and I've carried more baggage at one time or another than a transcontinental flight.  One way or the other, it's all been uniquely mine and should serve as fertile ground for writing.  I'll not reveal everything inside of me all at once as I'm rather like an onion- layered- and it's going to take time to pull me apart, but I have decided to lay down some ground rules to make it easier.
  • I WILL: Be open and honest and write from my heart, so you should get to know me quickly. 
  • I WILL NOT: Force myself to write or publish on a schedule.  I'll say what I have to say when I have to say it.  Check me often, but my life is amazingly busy and there may be times I'm silent.  Don't worry, I'll be back soon enough.

My posts won't be for everyone, and I may even offend occasionally, but please know it's nothing personal.  I am who I am and you'll either read me or not, but you'll never be mistaken about where I'm coming from.  It's my heart you'll hear.

I think I'm going to like this, and I'm glad you're thinking about coming along for the ride.  We'll see where it goes.

Are you ready?

I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment