Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Reboot

It's been a very, very long time since I've blogged, and in that time, my life has had more ups and downs than a Coney Island roller coaster on steroids.  I have learned volumes about myself in that span and, perhaps more importantly, the true nature of others, and I've arrived at the conclusion that we humans are sometimes as twisted as we are beautiful.  I've spent countless nights alone in my head with a torrent of thoughts tumbling and cascading end over end as I've tried to make sense of it all, and I have witnessed emotions spewing forth bruised and raw like a carcass straight from a slaughterhouse.  There were times I questioned my own sanity (and that of many others) and seemed to have only a toe barely dipped in reality.  There were times I wanted to check out.  There were times I wanted to run.  There were times I wanted to secret myself away from the world and just wither like a potted plant deprived of sunlight.

But I didn't.

I didn't check out.

I didn't run.

I didn't hide.

Instead, I laid low, quietly licked my wounds, sought the love and affection of those I knew truly cared, and healed.  Now, several months after I first sat in that run away roller coaster car, I'm a different man-- stronger, healthier, grounded.

So.  Much.  Better.

I can look back on those depressing days, face them, stare them down, and move forward with a lightness of step that I haven't experienced in ages.

I am free.

I hope to share some of my journey with you.  I hope I have something important to say again, and if I don't, I'm going to talk anyway because it's how I process.  It's good for me.  The new me.  The better me.   Aron 2.0.

Reboot.

No comments:

Post a Comment